The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) builds and nurtures relationships with leaders in government, media, academia, civil society and other faith and ethnic communities to ensure greater understanding of the issues that impact the Jewish community. CIJA combats antisemitism and discrimination in all its forms and advocates for fundamental rights and freedoms, social justice, and support for the people of Israel.
As the advocacy agent of the Jewish Federations of Canada, CIJA is a national, non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of Jewish life in Canada by advancing the public policy interests of Canada’s organized Jewish community.
CIJA connects the power of a strong, national network to regional efforts in every Canadian province and, as the Canadian affiliate of the World Jewish Congress, to international efforts worldwide.
Reporting to the VP, Communications and working as an integral part of the Communications and Government Relations teams, the Senior Manager, Policy and Strategic Communications will hold the pen on many of CIJA’s communications materials, and will facilitate the development of CIJA’s policy priorities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Developing CIJA’s federal policy priorities, in cooperation with the government relations team and other colleagues as appropriate.
- Prepare written communications materials – including press releases, opinion editorials, website content, parliamentary testimony, correspondence, and other products – to advance support for CIJA’s policy priorities.
- Conduct research in areas related to CIJA’s federal policy priorities, as well as on other topics as warranted.
- Support CIJA’s provincial and municipal policy advocacy efforts, with research and writing as required.
- Conduct policy briefings for community activists and other stakeholders, as required.
- There will be some after-hours work and occasional travel.
This job is for you if:
- You have experience in the field of politics and/or public policy.
- You have some knowledge of or interest in Canadian public policy, the Jewish community, Israel and/or the Middle East.
- You love to write and can do so in a clear, compelling, and high-quality manner.
- You have the capacity to write quickly and meet tight deadlines.
- You are an excellent oral communicator with presentation experience.
- You have an undergraduate degree or higher.
- You are self-motivated and can work independently.
- You do not mind working flexible hours that include travel, evenings, and weekends as required.
Expressions of interest/CV to Martin Sampson at email@example.com.