We Are Hiring!
Associate Director, Communications and Marketing (Quebec Office)
Are you a bilingual communications professional seeking to join a team that is making a difference in Quebec Jewish advocacy? Yes? We want to hear from you!
The Associate Director, Communications and Marketing is an integral member of the communications and marketing team and the CIJA-QC team whose role is to help tell the CIJA story to media, advocacy audiences, and our constituency. The work demands creativity, strong writing skills, and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Reports to: Vice President, Quebec
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application-CIJA Quebec-YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Please include writing samples in English and French. Note that creative applications using rich media are strongly encouraged. We invite you to distinguish yourself with this application.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop content to advance CIJA’s objectives;
- Media relations & media monitoring;
- Create content in English and French for distribution through social media;
- Social media monitoring and engagement in English and French;
- Writing and editing in English, including media releases, community updates, program reports, and situation reports;
- Writing in French and quality control of French translations;
- Writing position papers, opinion pieces, and correspondence on a wide range of topics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, policy, marketing, or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in related field;
- Media relations experience;
- Crisis communications experience;
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing and fast-paced environment;
- Strong public speaking skills;
- Marketing and social media marketing experience;
- A commitment to meeting aggressive deadlines in a dynamic and demanding environment;
- Ability to understand overarching strategy while focusing on details;
- Experience or knowledge about Quebec/Canadian political landscape required;
- Demonstrated understanding of and sensitivity to Quebec society;
- Experience or knowledge about the Jewish and pro-Israel community, as well as CIJA’s advocacy priorities, preferred;
- Political or advocacy experience an asset.
- The successful candidate will be fluently bilingual and be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.