Reports to: Vice President, Greater Toronto Area
The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) builds and nurtures relationships with leaders in government, media, academia, civil society and other faith and ethnic communities to ensure greater understanding of the issues that impact the Jewish community. CIJA combats antisemitism and discrimination in all its forms and advocates for fundamental rights and freedoms, social justice, and support for the people of Israel.
As the advocacy agent of the Jewish Federations of Canada, CIJA is a national, non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of Jewish life in Canada by advancing the public policy interests of Canada’s organized Jewish community.
CIJA connects the power of a strong, national network to regional efforts in every Canadian province and, as the Canadian affiliate of the World Jewish Congress, to international efforts worldwide.
Responsible for liaising with community stakeholders on behalf CIJA; managing relations with constituents, particularly during times of crisis; interacting with community stakeholders to inform and engage on policy priorities; providing development support in GTA.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and implement a plan for reaching out and engaging Jewish organizations and groups in the GTA to inform and include them in CIJA’s work
- Develop and enhance relationships between CIJA and Jewish community organizations and stakeholders particularly in GTA
- Identify and implement development opportunities flowing naturally and connected to the stakeholder/community engagement work
- Identify and work with stakeholders and prospective donors as a member of the Development Team
- Oversee and implement community engagement events and initiatives in the GTA including the CIJA Toronto Assembly
- Acting as lead team member responsible for dealing with community concerns, incidences of antisemitism or community issues/crises brought to CIJA
- Support stakeholder organizations during times of crisis to implement CIJA’s crisis communications plan
- Coordinate community consultations
- Other duties as the arise
This Job is for you if you:
- Are an excellent oral communicator
- don’t mind working flexible hours that include travel, evenings, and weekends as required.
- thrive in a rapidly-changing and fast-paced environment
- have experience working with or knowledge about the Jewish community, particularly in the GTA
Applications will be considered as they are received.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org