Every year, we invite community members like you to participate in Grassroots Consultation sessions across Canada.
The sessions provide participants with the opportunity to ask questions, share their ideas and concerns, and shape our advocacy efforts for the year ahead.
From combating antisemitism and strengthening Jewish community security to advocating for human rights and building support for Israelis, everything we accomplish is because of you.
Here are the results for our 2019 community consultation in the Vancouver.
- Combating antisemitism (educational resources, making genocide studies education mandatory)
- Improving the quality of life (affordability of housing, access to the right kind of housing mix, and accessibility)
- Taking CIJA’s work to the grassroots level and empowering individuals to take action
- Education & combating anti-Israel bias in government and media
- Creating opportunities for multi-faith connections and education
- Accommodate more diverse opinions within the CIJA tent
- Educate our own community on Israel, Jewish issues and Jewish identity
- Educate the broader population in changing demographics and values of new immigrants to Canada