The Creative Strategist is an integral member of the communications and marketing team whose role is to 1) create rich content to help tell the CIJA story to a variety of audiences; 2) maintain CIJA’s visual identity; and 3) develop CIJA’s web properties.
The work demands creativity, knowledge of industry software, and a commitment to meeting aggressive deadlines in a dynamic and demanding environment.
This is a one year contract position with the possibility of an extension or to become permanent.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide graphic design services across the entire organization
- Oversee development of CIJA’s web properties (including WordPress development)
- Film, edit, animate, direct, and produce videos in various formats
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop content strategies to advance CIJA’s objectives
- Repackage traditional content into web-friendly and digital-first formats (i.e. a report into an infographic, or a brochure into a video).
- Fluency in graphic design, video editing, and animation software, with a strong portfolio demonstrating work experience. (We will consider experience and skill with a variety of editing software. Indicate your proficiency with software relevant to this position in your application)
- Web development experience. While WordPress experience is essential, additional knowledge will receive special consideration
- Solid typography, graphic design, visualization, and presentations skills
- Knowledge of digital-first and mobile-first, adaptive communications
- Experience translating complex information into easily-understood visual format
- Ability to understand overarching strategy while focusing on details
- Good writer
- Experience or knowledge about the Jewish and pro-Israel community, as well as CIJA’s advocacy priorities, is preferred but not required
- Political or advocacy experience is an asset
- The successful candidate will be comfortable working in both English and French.
Submit a cover letter, resume, one example of a web development project you’ve executed, and one example of creative work that you have designed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: Application-Creative Strategist-YOUR NAME.