The Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) Campus Internship Program is a highly competitive experiential learning initiative that provides Canadian students with unique skills and knowledge to become leaders in campus advocacy. The Internship features seminars and workshops from leading campus advocacy professionals from Hillel and CIJA on topics such as counter-BDS strategies, student government engagement, coalition-building and beyond-the-conflict Israel programming through Size Doesn’t Matter.
CIJA’s Campus Internship Program will provide participants with:
- Intensive campus advocacy training by CIJA and Hillel professionals throughout the school year
- Access to CIJA and Hillel experts in the fields of campus advocacy, communications and grassroots organizing
- Confidence and ability to effectively advocate for Israel on campus, counter BDS, engage with student government and build strategic coalitions
- Tools to organize a Size Doesn’t Matter-themed program on their campus, and
- Ability to organize a campaign or program that improves campus life for Jewish and pro-Israel students
Interns will earn an $800 stipend upon completion of the internship.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time university program (undergraduate, graduate, or professional).
- Applicants should have an interest in student leadership and campus advocacy.
- Applicants will organize one program or campaign per semester.
- Throughout the program, interns must attend webinar sessions, which will take place on alternating Thursdays starting October 19, 2017.
Please read the program requirements carefully before completing your application. Participants must be willing to participate in all aspects of the program.
To apply, please submit the following to Ruben Perez by 6 p.m. Eastern Time on October 19, 2017:
- Email with subject line: Application for CIJA Campus Internship Program
- Your CV
- A statement of interest (maximum 500 words)
- Letter of reference
All documents are due by 6 p.m. Eastern Time on October 10, 2017.